What Insurance Can I Get for My Rental Property?

Even if you’re a seasoned veteran in the property rental industry, you should never underestimate how useful a property insurance can be. The amount of coverage when it comes to insurance associated with a rental property can be a lifesaver.

A hassle-free way to protect your property is a house owner insurance. If you are renting your property out, you will be pleased to know that a house owner insurance also provides a loss-of-rent coverage in the event of damage to your property. That’s why we’ve done the research for you. Here are 3 insurance companies that do provide the insurance (& no, we’re not getting paid to promote them).


Your home is your sanctuary, and it’s only natural that you want to preserve this idyllic space by ensuring it’s always protected. But no matter how hard you try, it’s nearly impossible to prevent the unexpected from happening, in which case, House owner & Householder Insurance helps alleviate the financial burden that arises when the untoward happen to your home and its contents.

The basic House owner & Householder Insurance policy by AmAssurance covers your home against the following:

  • Fire, lightning, thunderbolt and subterranean fire
  • Explosion
  • Aircraft and other aerial devices and / or articles dropped therefrom
  • Impact by any road vehicles or animals not belonging to or under the control of the Insured or any member of the family
  • Bursting or overflowing of domestic water tanks, apparatus or pipes
  • Theft, if accompanied by actual forced and violent breaking into or out of a building or any attempt to do so
  • Hurricane, cyclone, typhoon and windstorm
  • Earthquake and volcanic eruption
  • Flood, excluding loss or damage caused by subsidence or landslip

Sounds great, doesn’t it? Find out more from AmAssurance right here!


Damage, or break-ins to your home could leave you and your family with financial, and emotional worry. The Etiqa Houseowner / Householder plan helps you alleviate the cost of replacement, and repairs.

Etiqa provide coverage for damages to your home building and content caused by the following:

  • Fire, lightning, and domestic explosion.
  • Bursting, or overflowing of domestic water tanks, apparatus or pipes.
  • Loss of rent up to 10% of your total sum insured.
  • Theft by actual forcible, and violent entry into the house.
  • Acts of nature which include floods, hurricane, typhoon, windstorm, and more.

With such a wholesome protection, are you sure you’re not interested? Etiqa provide a more thorough walkthrough for their insurance here.



The best part about Allianz homeowner insurance? Because we know you want the best protection, we created this special package with Allianz for every landlord on SPEEDHOME – up to RM42k protection!

Allianz offer greater financial security through their specialised homeowner’s insurance. Look at the table below for a comparison on Allianz can offer you better protection compared to just using the traditional deposit:

speedhome protection and deposit comparison

Compared to just deposit, taking up an insurance to protect your rental property gives a more secure net for you to fall back on.

Already rented out your house and worried you’re not completely protected? Let’s work something out with SPEEDHOME & Allianz. Give us a call at 0187777650. You can also email us at [email protected] and we’ll get back to you about how we can arrange a safer protection for your rental even after your tenant has moved in.

So Which One Is The Best For My Property?

There is no right or wrong in choosing your insurance. All you need to know is that your rental is in safe hands from all bad elements and unfortunate or unexpected events. Why wait? Get an insurance to protect your rental today!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP to LinkedIn Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com