The terms and conditions of this Agreement govern your use of the services provided by Speedrent Technology Sdn Bhd Registration No: 201601005661 (1176587-M) of A-G-23, Eve Suite, Jalan PJU 1a/41, Ara Damansara, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia (“We” or “Our” or “Us” or “Speedrent” or “SPEEDHOME“), a Malaysian entity, either itself or through its subsidiaries or licensees, via various electronic platforms such as the SPEEDHOME mobile application or any other platforms designated by Us (“Application”).
By using the Application, you are indicating that you have read and understand the terms and conditions herein. If you do not agree with the terms, please do not use this Application. For avoidance of doubt, this Agreement applies to all users of the Application listing a property or finding a property inclusive of home owners, landlords, property agents and/or tenants.
In registering an account:
- You shall provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of the terms and condition of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of this Agreement.
- You may post an image for the use of your online profile. By submitting such images, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to use the images and grant us the non-exclusive and royalty-free right to use the image.
- To fully access or use the Application, you are required to register for an account by providing, among others, your name, email address and password.
- You shall not:
- Select or use as an account a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
- Use as an account a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorisation; or
- Use as an account a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
We reserve the right to refuse registration of, or cancel an account in our discretion. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
Unless specifically stated otherwise, the account is personal to you and cannot be shared with or transferred to third parties.
- You understand that all information, images, pictures, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials (“Content“), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the exclusive work and property of the person from whom such Content originated.
- We do not claim any permanent ownership of your Content. You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post, upload or display on or through the Application. When you submit, post, upload or display Content, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license (and sub-licensable) to use, exploit and archive the Content in accordance with or as reasonably contemplated by this Agreement.
- When you post, submit, or upload Content on the Application you represent and warrant that:
- You own all copyright in the Content, or if you are not the owner, that you have permission to use the Content, and that you have the right to display and reproduce the Content via the Application. You license us to use and sub-license the Content in accordance with this Agreement;
- You must be authorized to market the property and/or publish the property listing on our Portal;
- You and your Content do not and will not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity, including copyright, moral rights, trademark, patent or right of privacy;
- You or your Content, and your use, storage, reproduction and display on the Application/Platform will comply with all applicable law, rules and regulations;
- Your Content does not breach any of this Agreement; and
- Your Content is not misleading or deceptive.
3. Listings and Advertisement Rules
- You agree to the No Deposit scheme when posting your property on SPEEDHOME.
- You must ensure that your property listing and advertisements comply with all applicable laws, statutes, regulations, industry code of conduct or guidelines issued by any relevant trade organisation. Such property listings and advertisements must not violate any laws, regulations, judicial or governmental order, industry code of conduct or guidelines issued by any relevant trade organisation, any treaties or violate or infringe upon any intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or any other rights of ours or of any other person.
- You must be authorised to transact the property and/or publish the property listing on our Portal. If you are listing a property, the property listing cannot:-
- contain information that is deemed false, illegal, inaccurate, misleading, misrepresenting, and/or untrue in regards to of any such information;
- be posted without the owner’s consent, which may include, but not limited to individuals and/or private homeowners and property developers;
- be listed as available but is in fact no longer available for sale or rent;
- have information about neighbours or other information that would potentially be viewed as an invasion of privacy; and
- contain materials which belongs to third parties including pictures belonging to another.
- You may not misuse the personal data obtained or generated from your property listings or advertisements.
- You shall only upload only relevant photographs of the said property showcasing the interior, exterior or the surroundings of the said property. Your photograph will be automatically modified by us by inserting your contact details.
- Irrelevant photographs are strictly prohibited, including but not limited to company logo, customised photo, pictures of a gavel, for sale signboards, unique selling point propositions, placing borders and images from magazines. We also do not allow any watermarks on the photographs (including third parties’ logo, name, contact number, email, USP, etc).
- We reserve the right to remove any listing, photograph or Content posted by you without notice to you.
- The use of this Application is subject to our guidelines. You shall not use, allow, or enable others to use the Application, or knowingly condone use of the Application by others, in any manner that is, attempts to, or is likely to:
- use any proxy internet protocol addresses (IPs) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, disrupt any of our services or to avoid being detected;
- be libellous, defamatory, indecent, vulgar or obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive, racially, culturally, or ethnically offensive, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive, or which may or may appear to impersonate anyone else;
- affect us adversely or reflect negatively on us, the Application, our goodwill, name or reputation or cause duress, distress or discomfort to us or anyone else, or discourage any person from using all or any portion, features or functions of the Application, or from advertising, linking or becoming a supplier to us in connection with the Application;
- send or result in the transmission of junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or so-called “spamming” and “phishing”;
- transmit, distribute or upload programs or material that contain malicious code, such as viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, trojan horses, spyware, or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information;
- violate any laws, regulations, judicial or governmental order, any treaties or violate or infringe upon any intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or any other rights of ours or of any other person;
- gain unauthorised access to the Application, other users’ accounts, names, passwords, personally identifiable information or other computers, websites or pages, connected or linked to the Application or to use the Application in any manner which violates or is inconsistent with the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- modify, disrupt, impair, alter or interfere with the use, features, functions, operation or maintenance of the Application or the rights or use and enjoyment of the Application by any other person;
- collect, obtain, compile, gather, transmit, reproduce, delete, revise, view or display any material or information, whether personally identifiable or not, posted by or concerning any other person, in connection with their or your use of the Application, unless you have obtained the express, prior permission of such other person to do so;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- interfere with other user’s posts;
- circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to us;
- post or provide false, inaccurate, misleading, incomplete, defamatory or libellous content;
- take any action that may undermine any ratings system that we may use;
- transfer your account and user identification to another party without our consent;
- copy, modify, or distribute (i) content from any websites or (ii) any of our copyright or trade marks;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent;
- forge headers, icons or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Application;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- While we prohibit such conduct and content on our Application, you understand and agree that we cannot be responsible for the Content posted on our Application and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Application at your own discretion.
- We do not manually screen content or control before it is displayed on the Application so occasionally users may inadvertently or deliberately submit and display content that breaches this Agreement. This means that you, and not us, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Application.
- You may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances, we will be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Application.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, edit or refuse to post any Content and to remove any Content from the Application, whether or not the Content is expressly prohibited by this Agreement, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
- You agree to adhere to our guidelines and if you fail to do so, we reserve our right to suspend or terminate your account. We also reserve our rights to introduce, change or amend our guidelines from time to time.
5. Successful Transactions
In the event of a successful listing of a property herein and parties wish to enter into a tenancy or lease agreement, such parties may utilise a sample tenancy or lease agreement provided in the Application. You agree that such agreement is a non-binding sample and you place no reliance on such sample. You are free to amend such sample and you may seek independent legal advice before entering into such agreement. You agree that SPEEDHOME is not liable for any damages or liability caused, whether directly or indirectly, from any error, deficiency or omission in such sample or any services provided by the Application or SPEEDHOME to facilitate formalisation of the parties’ agreement.
7. Confidential Information
- We will not disclose or use your personal data or Confidential Information in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and likewise, you will not disclose or use our Confidential Information.
- “Confidential Information” means any information disclosed or made available to you by us, directly or indirectly, whether in writing, orally or visually. It includes but is not limited to all information contained within our reporting systems and other performance metrics and any other technical or programming information we disclose or make available to you.
- However, Confidential Information does not include information other than information that:
- is or becomes publicly known and generally available other than through your action or inaction; or
- was already in your possession (as documented by written records) without confidentiality restrictions before you received it from us.
- You acknowledge, consent and agree that we may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect our rights, property or personal safety, our users and the public.
8. Messaging Services
The Application allows users to send messages to each other. However, the use of the private messaging service is not “Private” in the sense that it is a message seen only by the sender and receiver. While the message is private from the rest of the users, we can view and monitor them.
- You expressly agree that we, our directors, officers, shareholders, employees, representatives, consultants, agents, suppliers, and/or distributors will not be liable for any loss of profits, data or costs of procurement of substitute goods or services, or for any other indirect, special, incidental, punitive, consequential damages arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or other intangible losses, however caused, and under whatever cause of action or theory of liability brought, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from
- your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Application;
- any conduct or content of any third party on this Application, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties;
- any Content obtained from this Application; and
- unauthorised access, use or alteration of your transmissions or Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
- You acknowledge that we may not be able to confirm the identity of other registered users or prevent them acting under false pretences or in a manner that infringes the rights of any person.
- You must ensure that your access to this Application and the service is not illegal or prohibited by laws that apply to you.
- You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process that you employ for accessing this Application and our service does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. We do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to any computer system that arises in connection with your use of this Application or any linked website.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. Nevertheless, you may inform us of such dispute for our records but we are not responsible resolve or arbitrate or mediate such dispute.
11. Our Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge that we own all right, title and interest, including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below), in and to the Application, and that you will not acquire any rights, titles, or interests in or to the Application except as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
- You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any of our services, software, or documentation, or create or attempt to create a substitute or similar service or product through use of or access to the Application or proprietary information related thereto.
- You will not remove, obscure, or alter our copyright notice or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained in the Application.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all rights existing from time to time under patent law, copyright law, moral rights law, trade secret law, trade mark law, unfair competition law, publicity rights law, privacy rights law, and any and all other proprietary rights, as well as, any and all applications, renewals, extensions, restorations and reinstatements thereof, now or hereafter in force and effect worldwide.
12. Marketing and Notifications
- This Application may display advertisements and promotions. We will also send you information containing advertisements and promotions of our affiliates and partners. As consideration for access to and use of the Application, you agree that we may place advertising on the Application at our sole discretion. You agree that we may change the manner, mode and extent of advertising on the Application without further notice.
- We will contact you periodically for promotions or information update through email, phone, text messages or social media. You may unsubscribe by contacting us at [email protected].
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our agents, affiliates, shareholders, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and applicable third parties (e.g. syndication partners, licensors, licensees, consultants and contractors) (collectively “Indemnified Person(s)”) harmless from and against any and all third party claims, liability, loss, and expense (including damage awards, settlement amounts, and reasonable legal fees), brought against any Indemnified Person(s), arising out of, related to or which may arise from your use of the Application and/or your breach of any term of this Agreement.
14. Suspension and Termination
- We may suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Application at any time, with or without cause, effective immediately. You may terminate your use of the Application at any time, provided that all provisions of this Agreement, which shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- We will suspend or terminate your access to the site if you are determined to be, in our sole discretion, a repeat infringer of this Agreement.
- We also reserve the right to suspend or cancel your account that has been inactive for extended periods of time.
- We may, but shall not be obligated to, give you one warning if you have violated this Agreement prior to suspension or termination of your account.
15. After Termination
- In the event that this Agreement terminates for whatsoever reasons, the following shall be applicable:-
- your access to the Application shall immediately terminate;
- you shall continue to comply with all of the obligations on your part under this Agreement which are not affected by termination;
- we reserve the right to permanently dispose and delete any data held in the Application without further reference to you; and
- any claim which either party may have against the other in respect of any breach or non-performance or repudiation of any of the provisions of this Agreement which shall have occurred prior to such termination shall not be affected or prejudiced.
- The terms of Clauses 7 and 13 shall survive termination of this Agreement. If the parties have executed a separate agreement that contains confidentiality terms prior to or contemporaneously with this Agreement, those separate confidentiality terms shall remain in full force to the extent they do not conflict.
- We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions herein from time to time. We may change any or all aspects of services provided by the Application at any time and without notice. Nothing in this Agreement will constrain how we operate our business. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications.
- If the alterations constitute a material change to our terms and conditions, we will notify you by posting a notification on this Application. Use of the services by you following such notification constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions as modified.
- What constitutes a “material change” will be determined at our sole discretion, in good faith and using common sense and reasonable judgment.
17. General Terms
- This Agreement will be governed by the laws of Malaysia and parties agree that any dispute or claim between you and us will be adjudicated in the courts in Malaysia. Any claim against us arising from the Agreement shall be adjudicated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any proceeding with any claim or controversy of any other party.
- This Application may contain links to third-party web sites (“Third-Party Sites”) and third-party content (“Third-Party Content”) as a service to those interested in this information. You use links to Third-Party Sites, and any Third-Party Content therein, at your own risk. We do not monitor or have any control over, and make no claim or representation regarding, Third-Party Content or Third-Party Sites. We provide these links only as a convenience, and a link to a Third-Party Site or Third-Party Content does not imply our endorsement, adoption or sponsorship of, or affiliation with, such Third-Party Site or Third-Party Content.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
- If any of these terms and conditions of this Agreement is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you), the enforceability of any other part of this Agreement will not be affected.
- You are solely responsible for accessing the information contained on the Application and any reliance you may place on such information is done solely at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of such information appearing on this Application.
- In our sole discretion, we may assign this Agreement upon notice to you. Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this Agreement.
- We do not represent or warrant that:-
- access to the Application or any part of it, will be uninterrupted, reliable or fault-free; or
- the Application or any of its contents will be accurate, complete or reliable.
- We do not guarantee or warrant that the data stored in our server or generated by the Application will be backed up. You shall be responsible for keeping an independent backup of all data stored or generated. You are also responsible for maintaining accurate data. However, in the event that your records do not correspond with our records, the latter shall prevail.
Dated: 20 October 2018
The Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) of this Agreement govern your use of the services provided by Speedrent Technology Sdn Bhd Registration No: 201601005661 (1176587-M) of A-G-23, Eve Suite, Jalan PJU 1a/41, Ara Damansara, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia (“We” or “Our” or “Us” or “Speedrent” or “SPEEDHOME“), a Malaysian entity, either itself or through its subsidiaries or licensees, via various electronic platforms such as the SPEEDHOME mobile application or any other platforms designated by Us (“Application”).
By using the Application, you are indicating that you have read and understand the terms and conditions herein. If you do not agree with the terms, please do not use this Application. For avoidance of doubt, this Agreement applies to all users of the Application listing a property or finding a property inclusive of homeowners, landlords, property agents and/or tenants.
“Personal Data” is any information which can be used to identify you or from which you are identifiable. This includes but is not limited to your name, nationality, telephone number, bank and credit card details, personal interests, email address, your image, government-issued identification numbers, biometric data, race, date of birth, marital status, religion, health information, vehicle and insurance information, employment information and financial information.
We typically collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice with your consent, or in compliance with applicable laws, such as where:
- it is required for us to comply with legal requirements;
- it is required for us to enter into or perform a contract with you; and/or
- for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of any other persons, including but not limited to for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice.
I. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect (and may combine) Personal Data about you in the ways listed below:
You provide your Personal Data to us
We collect your Personal Data when you provide it to us. For example, when you:
- complete a user profile or registration forms (such as your name, contact information and other identification information where needed);
- provide information to assess your eligibility rent a house (such as your IC / passport, financial information and background check results);
- interact with our social media pages (such as your social media account ID, profile photo and any other publicly available data);
- participate in contests or events organised by us (such as the pictures, audio, or videos you may submit, which may include images of yourself);
- verify your identity through various means (such as social media logins, submission of selfie images or independently verified payment card information);
- fill up demographic information in surveys (such as your age, gender, and other information you may volunteer such as your marital status, occupation and income information);
When our Services are used
Personal Data may be collected through the normal operation or use of our Apps, Websites and Services. Some examples are:
- your location information;
- feedback, ratings and compliments;
- transaction information (such as payment method);
- information about how you interacted with our Apps, Website or Services (such as features used and content viewed);
- device information (such as hardware model and serial number, IP addresses), file and app names and versions, GPS location, IMEI number, and advertising identifiers or any information that may indicate device or app modification);
- personal data you enter in messages when you use our in-app communication features;
From other sources
When we collect Personal Data, including but not limited to your name, contact information and other identification information where needed from other sources. Such sources include:
- referral programmes;
- insurance and financial providers;
- credit bureaus, alternative credit scoring agencies and any other credit reporting organisations;
- publicly available or governmental sources of data;
- when our users add you as an emergency contact;
- when our users add you as a recipient or beneficiary of any use of our Services;
- when you use our in-app chat; and
- marketing services providers or partners.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the Personal Data that we collect may be sensitive in nature. This may include Personal Data pertaining to your race, national ID information, religious beliefs, background information (including financial and criminal records, where legally permissible), health data, disability, marital status and biometric data, as applicable. We collect sensitive Personal Data only with your consent and/or in strict compliance with applicable laws. In the event that you are required to furnish any documentation or information to us for any Purpose which may contain such sensitive Personal Data (which is not required for that Purpose), you agree to redact such sensitive Personal Data before providing such documentation or information to us.
When you provide Personal Data of other individuals to us
In some situations, you may provide Personal Data of other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) to us. For example, you may add them as your emergency contact, when you use the in-app chat or when you add them as recipients or beneficiaries of any use of our Services. If you provide us with their Personal Data, you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent for their Personal Data to be collected, used and disclosed as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Personal Data of minors
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow minors under your care to submit Personal Data to SPEEDHOME. In the event that such Personal Data of a minor is disclosed to SPEEDHOME, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
II. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
SPEEDHOME may use your Personal Data for the following purposes set out in the list below. (“Purposes”). Additionally, if you use SPEEDHOME in various capacities (for example, if you use multiple SPEEDHOME Services, or if you are both a driver partner/delivery partner and a consumer), we may link your Personal Data collected across your various capacities to facilitate your use of our Services and for the Purposes described below:
Providing services and features
Your Personal Data will be used to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our Apps, Websites and Services. This includes using your Personal Data to:
- engage you to provide you with Services across our various business verticals;
- create, administer and update your account;
- process, manage or verify your eligibility for or application of Services, promotions, rewards and subscriptions with SPEEDHOME;
- conduct due diligence checks and risk assessments / analysis;
- verify your identity and age (where necessary);
- offer, obtain, provide, facilitate or maintain insurance or financing solutions;
- personalise your Apps experience (such as to recommend products and services relevant to you, identify your preferences or otherwise personalise your experience with SPEEDHOME);
- make your experience more seamless, such as automatically filling in your registration information (such as your name or phone number) from one Service to another Service or when you participate in our surveys;
- perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends;
- protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available;
- enable communications between our users;
- invite you to participate in our surveys and studies;
- fulfil the services to you as a data processor, where you have provided consent to the data controller (i.e. the organisation you had purchased goods or services from, and for whom SPEEDHOME is providing services on behalf of) for such services to be rendered.
We may use the Personal Data we collect for legal purposes, such as to investigate and resolve claims or disputes, detect/prevent/prosecute crime, or as allowed or required by applicable law.
We may also use your Personal Data when we are required, advised, recommended, expected or requested to do so by our legal advisors or any local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental or other authority.
For example, we may use your Personal Data to:
- comply with court orders or other legal, governmental or regulatory requirements;
- enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements; and
- protect our rights or property in the event of a claim or dispute.
Marketing and Promotions
We may use your Personal Data to send you marketing communications relating to customised products or services (that may be of interest or relevance based on your profile), or SPEEDHOME’s partners’, sponsors’ and advertisers’ products, services, events or promotions.
For example, we may:
- send you special offers that may be of interest or relevance to you across all of SPEEDHOME’s service offerings;
- send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings; and
- notify, invite and manage your participation in our events or activities.
We may communicate such marketing to you by various means, where applicable (including by SMS, chat applications (e.g. WhatsApp, Telegram, LINE, Viber, WeChat, Zalo), push notification, call, and by email).
If you wish to unsubscribe to the receiving of such marketing communications, please click on the unsubscribe link in the relevant email or message. Alternatively, you may also update your preferences in our Apps settings. Please note that while you may opt out of marketing or promotion communications, SPEEDHOME may still send you service-related messages (such as information on your transactions, rewards, etc).
User Published Content
If you publish content (such as a review or comment) on SPEEDHOME’s platform, it will be shown publicly along with your personal data (such as profile name, uploaded photo(s), and other information you choose to include in your content. You can read for more information at https://speedhome.com/privacy.
III. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We need to share Personal Data with various parties for the Purposes. These parties include:
For example: Sharing of your contact information for appointment viewing purposes.
With third parties
With third parties related to your use of SPEEDHOME Services.
For example: Sharing of your contact information for house maintenance purposes.
With subsidiaries and affiliates
We share Personal Data with our subsidiaries, associated companies, jointly controlled entities and affiliates. The companies in the SPEEDHOME group share resources, such as infrastructure and technology, with each other to provide you with a consistent, relevant and secure experience when you use our Services, and for the Purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
For example, we do this to make your experience more seamless, such as by automatically completing your registration information from your use of one SPEEDHOME’s Service when you sign up for a new SPEEDHOME Service.
With SPEEDHOME’s service providers and business partners
We may provide Personal Data to our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This includes:
- payment processors and facilitators;
- debt collectors;
- credit bureaus, alternative credit scoring agencies and any other credit reporting organisations;
- background check and anti-money laundering service providers;
- cloud storage providers;
- advertising and marketing partners and platform providers;
- data analytics providers;
- research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with SPEEDHOME or on SPEEDHOME’s behalf;
- educational and training institute partners;
- fleet and merchant partners;
- insurance and financing partners;
- third party intermediaries involved in the managed investment of funds, such as brokers, asset managers, and custodians;
- service providers who perform identity verification services; and
- vehicle solutions partners, vendors or third-party vehicle suppliers.
- If you requested a service through a SPEEDHOME partner or used a promotion provided by a SPEEDHOME partner, SPEEDHOME may share your Personal Data with that SPEEDHOME partner.
- If you have rented a vehicle from our recommended fleet partners to drive with SPEEDHOME, we may share relevant information (e.g. the status of your account, applicable incentives/promotions, your ride statistics) for collaborative efforts (e.g. create new incentives and benefits for you or improving supply of driver partners).
With our legal advisors and governmental authorities
We may share your Personal Data with our legal advisors, law enforcement officials, government authorities and other third parties. This may take place to fulfil the legal purposes (mentioned above), or any of the following circumstances:
- where it is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of a person; or
- where it is necessary in the public interest (e.g. in a public health crisis, for contact tracing purposes and safeguarding our community).
We may share your Personal Data with other parties, in connection with any acquisitions, sales, mergers, joint ventures, consolidation, restructuring, financing or any other type of business transactions. Your Personal Data will however remain subject to our obligations made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice that you have agreed to.
IV. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the Purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law. Once your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the Services or Purposes, or we no longer have a legal or business purpose for retaining your Personal Data, we take steps to erase, destroy, anonymise or prevent access or use of such Personal Data for any purpose other than compliance with this Privacy Notice, or for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, in accordance with the requirements of VIII. YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, you may be entitled to:
- inquire about the processing of your Personal Data and be provided with a copy of it;
- in some cases, request the correction and/or deletion of your Personal Data;
- in some cases, request the restriction of or object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data (where we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent);
- request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the Personal Data that you have provided to us where we are using your Personal Data based on consent or performance of a contract; and
- complain to the relevant data privacy authority if your data privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered detriment as a result of unlawful processing of your Personal Data.
Where you are given the option to share your Personal Data with us, you can always choose not to do so. If we have requested your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
However, choosing not to share your Personal Data with us, withdrawing your consent to our use of it or to your agreement with our Privacy Notice could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described in Section II (Use of Personal Data) or that you are unable to make use of the Apps or the Services.
After you have chosen to withdraw your consent, we may be able to continue to process your Personal Data to the extent required or otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
We will screen and verify all requests beforehand. In order to verify your identity and/or authority to make the request, we may require you to provide supporting information or documentation to corroborate the request. Once verified, we will give effect to your request within the timelines prescribed by applicable laws.
V. AMENDMENTS AND UPDATES
SPEEDHOME may modify, update or amend the terms in this Privacy Notice at any time. Such amendments shall be notified to you through the Apps and/ or other appropriate means at least five (5) business days before the effective date. The updated version will be posted on the website http://www.SPEEDHOME.com. It is your responsibility to review the Privacy Notice regularly. Your continued use of the Apps, Websites or Services, or continuing to communicate or engage with SPEEDHOME following the effective date of the modifications, updates or amendments to this Privacy Notice, whether or not reviewed by you, shall constitute your agreement to be bound by such amendments.
SPEEDHOME shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Statement at any time by placing the updated Statement on its website.
Dasar Privasi ini mentadbir penggunaan perkhidmatan (“Perkhidmatan”) yang dibekalkan oleh Speedrent Technology Sdn. Bhd (Company No: 1176587-M) of … (selepas ini dirujuk sebagai “Kami” atau “Speedrent” atau “SPEEDHOME“). Perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan tersebut termasuk, tetapi tidak terhad kepada, perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan yang dibekalkan oleh aplikasi mobil kami (“Aplikasi”) dan portal dalam talian seperti www.speedhome.com (“Portal”).
Dengan mengemukakan maklumat peribadi disini, kami akan memproses maklumat peribadi yang diberikan oleh anda atau mana-mana pihak ketiga dan /atau maklumat dan data lanjut yang mungkin diperlukan oleh kami dari masa ke semasa.
(1) Kami akan mengumpul maklumat peribadi apabila anda:-
- menggunakan Perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan tersebut;
- memberikan komen-komen atau mengemukakan masalah kepada kami;
- meminta maklumat dari kami dan memberi nama anda atau maklumat perhubungan; atau
- menyertai apa-apa peraduan-peraduan atau kaji selidik yang kami anjurkan; atau
- mendaftar dengan kami sama ada secara manual atau menghubungkan akaun sosial media anda seperti Facebook.
(2) Kami mungkin memproses maklumat peribadi seperti:-
- nama, nombor kad pengenalan atau pasport, alamat, nombor telefon, alamat emel , pekerjaan dan wargenegara;
- maklumat yang dikehendaki untuk tujuan membuat suatu perjanjian penyewaan atau apa-apa perjanjian berkaitan dengan harta antara anda dan pengguna-pengguna atau pihak ketiga yang lain;
- perbualan antara anda dan pengguna-pengguna lain,
- tingkah laku pengguna seperti maklumat tentang apa yang anda cari atau membaca pada Aplikasi tersebut,
- maklumat yang diperoleh dari penyertaan anda dalam kaji selidik kami atau dengan pelbagai cara berinteraksi dengan kami, seperti maklumat demografi, komen-komen, maklum balas, pertanyaan atau cadangan-cadangan dan maklumat tentang subjek yang mungkin anda minati, dan
- maklumat seperti ID peranti anda dan lokasi anda semasa anda menggunakan Aplikasi.
(3) Maklumat peribadi anda adalah wajib dan jika anda gagal untuk memberikan maklumat tersebut, kami mungkin tidak boleh membekalkan anda dengan Perkhidmatan. Kami mungkin memproses maklumat peribadi yang lain seperti: –
- aktiviti-aktiviti anda di Aplikasi,
- sejarah transaksi untuk mendokumentasikan transaksi anda yang mungkin anda telah buat dengan kami atau pengguna-pengguna lain; dan
- maklumat yang dikumpul melalui penggunaan Cookies (seperti yang ditakrifkan di bawah).
(4) Sebahagian maklumat yang dikumpul oleh kami mungkin tidak diserahkan kepada kami secara tersurat oleh anda kerana kami juga menerima dan merekodkan maklumat secara automatik pada log pelayan daripada pelayar anda, termasuk alamat IP anda, cookie, laman web yang diminta oleh anda, jenis pelayar anda dan bahasa, masa akses, dan alamat laman web yang merujuk.
(5) Jika anda memberikan kami maklumat mengenai orang lain, anda mengesahkan bahawa orang tersebut telah melantik anda untuk bertindak bagi pihak mereka dan telah bersetuju bahawa anda boleh:
- memberi keizinan bagi pihak mereka untuk pemprosesan maklumat peribadi tersebut;
- menerima bagi pihak mereka apa-apa notis perlindungan data; dan
- menjamin bahawa anda telah mendapat persetujuan mereka untuk membenarkan kami untuk menyimpan maklumat peribadi tersebut atau mempunyai hak untuk membenarkan kami untuk memproses maklumat peribadi tersebut.
COOKIES DAN WEB BEACON
(1) “Cookie” adalah fail data yang mungkin dimuat turun ke komputer anda apabila anda menggunakan Aplikasi dan membenarkan Aplikasi tersebut mengenal pasti komputer anda apabila anda menggunakan Aplikasi tersebut. Kami menggunakan cookies untuk mengiktiraf penggunaan ulangan oleh pengguna dan untuk mengumpul maklumat tentang interaksi pengguna kami dengan Aplikasi. Cookies ini mengandungi maklumat pengenalan diri yang membolehkan kami menyelaraskan pengalaman anda semasa menggunakan Aplikasi ini.
(2) Kami juga mungkin menggunakan kod yang dipanggil “web beacon” atau “clear gifs” untuk mengumpul agregat metrik pengiklanan yang tidak bernama (anonymous), seperti mengira layaran halaman, layaran promosi atau respons pengiklanan. Web beacon adalah imej elektronik yang dipanggil piksel-tunggal atau clear gifs. Web beacon boleh mengenal pasti jenis maklumat-maklumat yang tertentu, seperti nombor cookie pengguna, masa dan tarikh halaman dilayari serta perihalan halaman di mana web beacon itu terletak. Web beacon ini mungkin digunakan untuk menyampaikan cookies yang mematuhi dasar cookie kami.
PENGGUNAAN MAKLUMAT PERIBADI
(1) Secara umum, selain daripada membekalkan anda dengan Perkhidmatan dan perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan lain yang bersampingan atau berkaitan degan Perkhidmatan tersebut, kami mungkin menggunakan maklumat yang diberikan kepada kami untuk tujuan-tujuan yang berikut: –
- memproses dan mengurus penggunaa Perkhidmatan;
- membalas pertanyaan-pertanyaan anda;
- mencipta promosi tersendiri dengan menggabungkan maklumat peribadi anda dengan maklumat bukan peribadi anda;
- memberi, mengekalkan, melindungi dan menaiktaraf Perkhidmatam, untuk membangunkan perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan baru, dan untuk melindungi diri sendiri dan pengguna-pengguna kami;
- menguatkuasakan mana-mana Terma-terma Penggunaan antara kami;
- tujuan penyelidikan termasuk tujuan-tujuan sejarah dan statistik;
- urusan dan penyelenggaraan umum Aplikasi termasuk audit dan portal(-portal) yang berkaitan;
- memberi anda komunikasi biasa (selain daripada bahan-bahan pemasaran langsung) dari kami berkaitan dengan Perkhidmatan; dan
- menyiasat aduan-aduan, urus niaga yang mencurigakan dan penyelidikan untuk penambahbaikan perkhidmatan.
PENDEDAHAN MAKLUMAT PERIBADI
(1) Sebahagian daripada maklumat peribadi anda akan didedahkan kepada umum. Ini termasuk gambar profil anda, nama, lokasi dan maklumat perhubungan. Kami mungkin akan mengkongsi maklumat tentang anda dengan:-
- pengguna lain apabila kedua-dua daripada kamu masuk ke dalam urus niaga;
- anak-anak syarikat atau pemegang-pemegang lesen kami dan syarikat induk kami serta gabungan lain yang bertujuan untuk membangun atau memasar produk–produk baru, perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan, atau portal-portal yang telah dibangun oleh syarikat-syarikat yang berkaitan dengan kami dan maklumkam anda tentang produk-produk baru, perkhidmatan atau portal-portal
- pembekal-pembekal perkhidmatan di bawah kontrak yang membantu operasi perniagaan kami (seperti agensi-agensi kutipan hutang, penasihat-penasihat undang-undang, akauntan dan juruaudit, memantau tingkah laku pengguna di atas portal dan proses pembayaran untuk mana mana produk-produk atau perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan);
- pihak ketiga (termasuk yang diluar negara) yang menyediakan perkhidmatan pemprosesan data; dan
- mana-mana orang yang berada di bawah kewajipan kerahsiaan yang telah diamanahkan untuk menyimpan data secara sulit, yang kami telah lantik untuk memenuhi tanggungjawab kami kepada anda.
(2) Kami mungkin mendedahkan maklumat peribadi anda jika perlu untuk berbuat demikian oleh undang-undang atau jika kami mempunyai kepercayaan yang baik bahawa pendedahan sedemikian adalah perlu untuk melindungi dan/atau mempertahankan hak-hak dan kepentingan kami. Kami mungkin sebagaimana yang dibenarkan oleh undang-undang yang berkenaan, mendedahkan maklumat peribadi anda kepada pihak ketiga berkaitan dengan sesuatu penyiasatan penipuan, pelanggaran, cetak rompak, mengelakkan cukai dan pengelakan atau aktiviti yang menyalahi undang-undang lain dan anda secara nyata memberi kuasa kepada kami untuk membuat apa-apa pendedahan.
(3) Jika kami bergabung atau diperolehi oleh entiti yang lain, maklumat peribadi anda mungkin dipindahkan kepada entiti itu sebagai sebahagian daripada penggabungan atau pengambilalihan.
(4) Kami mungkin memperolehi dan mengongsi data peribadi anda dari dan kepada agensi-agensi pelaporan kredit untuk mereka menyimpan sejarah transaksi dan kredit profil untuk menyewa rumah. Kami juga mungkin mengongsi data peribadi anda kepada agensi-agensi kutipan hutang sekiranya berlaku keingkaran dalam apa-apa bayaran.
Jika terdapat perubahan dasar privasi ini dalam apa jua cara, kami akan dikemaskini halaman ini. Dengan sering melayari halaman ini, anda akan dimaklumkan dengan maklumat tentang maklumat yang kami dikumpul, cara ia digunakan dan dalam keadaan tertentu, jika ada, ia dikongsi bersama pihak yang lain. Jika anda ingin membuat permintaan akses atau pembetulan maklumat peribadi atau mempunyai apa-apa soalan atau aduan berkenaan dengan maklumat peribadi, sila hubungi kami di:
Emel: [email protected]
Dated/Bertarikh: 22 APR 2019