SPEEDHOME Claims Track Record
- Allianz General Insurance Malaysia had paid out more than RM800,000 to SPEEDHOME’s landlords to-date since the inception of the partnership in 2017
- More than 300 landlords had successfully received claim disbursements
- 60% of the claims are approved by Allianz within 6 business days from the moment that landlords submitted all required documents to SPEEDHOME
What to do before submitting your claim?
1) Visit your unit to check for outstanding bills and damages.
2) Take photos of the unit and damaged items.
3) Lodge police report for insurance claims purpose.
4) Prepare supporting documents as mentioned below for each claim.
- Police report: Kindly refer HERE for police report sample.
- Copy of outstanding bills
- Quotation or receipt for each repair
- Photos of each damaged item
- Photos of the unit after the tenant left
- For new item replacement: Snapshot of the current price at a retail shop or online marketplace or equivalent documents to indicate the price of the damaged
- For new item replacement: Historical purchase receipt (If unable to provide, please let us have the year of purchase)
- Faulty electrical appliances: Technical report or written statement by a handyman
An exclusion is a policy provision that eliminates coverage for some type of risk. In layman term, the following list will clarify scenarios that this insurance DO NOT cover:
- Wear and Tear. When the household content’s damage is likely due to poor workmanship / poor installation / poor construction material, it’s deemed to be classified as wear and tear which is not claimable (unless there’s likely an act of malicious damage by the tenant). If the aircond was malfunction due to overheating as a result of mineral or dust built up within the compressor, it’s considered wear and tear in the course of usage which is not claimable.
- Pests. Pests issue/vermin condition (caused by fleas, cockroaches, lice, bugs, rats or equivalent) that causing the household content to be unhygienic or unusable due to health concern such as fridge or mattress are not claimable as well
- Claim Submission. The claim was lodged lately, which defined as 30 days from the date of loss. The landlord should always email to SPEEDHOME to inform tenant runaway or tenant surrendered keys so that SPEEDHOME able to manage the claim submission timeline for the landlord.
- Extreme Weather. Damage resulted from changes in extremes of dampness or dryness of atmosphere or temperature, exposure to light is not claimable (unless such loss or damage is caused by storm, frost or fire).
- Mechanical Defect. Damages resulted from mechanical defects / mechanical derangement / mechanical breakdown of electronic equipment are not claimable.
- Change of Door Lock. Cost of changing door lock due to security concern as a result of the tenant did not surrender keys are not claimable.
- Scratch. The scratching or denting of any article or cracking and/or breakage of glass, china, earthenware, marble, gramophone records and/or articles of brittle nature are not claimable (unless caused by burglars, thieves and/or fire.
- Replacement Tenant. Loss of rent is not claimable in the event that there’s a replacement tenant entered into a tenancy agreement with the landlord which commence tenancy prior to the end of 4-weeks period of the loss of rent period.
- Illustration. If the loss of rent is incurred on 1st July, loss of rent is inadmissible upon landlord entered into a new tenancy agreement with replacement tenant to commence tenancy on 28th July. However, loss of rent is admissible only if the commencement date on or after 29th July.
- Structure damage due to theft by non-tenant. It is not claimable under the policy. The inconvenience benefit section of the policy covers (a) minor repair works in the event that the Tenant runs away / abandons the tenancy and the tenancy agreement is terminated during the period of insurance. Therefore, structure damage due to theft by non-tenant does not fall within the policy coverage
To understand more, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Ready to submit claims? Click the following button to proceed to the claim process.