SPEEDHOME Claims Track Record
- Allianz General Insurance Malaysia had paid out more than RM800,000 to SPEEDHOME’s landlords to-date since the inception of the partnership in 2017
- More than 300 landlords had successfully received claim disbursements
- 60% of the claims are approved by Allianz within 6 business days from the moment that landlords submitted all required documents to SPEEDHOME
Upon default case occurred, here are the soft copy documents that you should submit (No physical documents required):
- Police Report: Landlord must lodge the police report at any police station within 3 days upon tenant moved out of the house. For any item that you wish to claim such as unpaid utility, damages or rent, have to lodge in one single police report. Hence, the description of the damages and unpaid utility amount has to list out to SPEEDHOME and we will advise on the content of the police report. Kindly refer here for police report sample.
- Photos: You should make a visit to the premise to confirm that tenant had left the property and submit at least 3 High Definition (HD) multi-angle photos on every single item content that you wish to make a claim. If there were 20 items required to claims, we would expect at least 60 photos submitted. Videos are accepted to clarify what was being damaged. Photos are compulsory for claiming damages, malfunction and cleanliness conditions. If you only managed to submit one photo per damaged item while photo itself is not conclusive to match the description of the damage, then there would be multiple back-and-forth photo taking required to clarify.
- Letterhead of Bank Statement: This is required for Allianz to confirm the claims recipient’s bank account details so that claims disbursement will transfer to the right recipients. Example of such snapshot as below:
- e-Payment Form: Fill in your particulars, so that Allianz able to initiate payment advice to you. You may download the form here.
- Pricing Documents: You should be preparing the following pricing documents in order to submit the claims. If there were no original receipt submitted, there will be 10%-50% Uncertainty being applied to the claim amount of respective furniture items as the receipt is crucial for proof of ownership of the items. On the other hand, Uncertainty can be avoided if there were furniture photos uploaded as attachment in the tenancy agreement. You should inform us on the year of purchase and value on date of purchase to us as supplementary information if you do not have the original receipt while complementing the supplementary information with the pricing screenshot of the same item at retail shop or online marketplace.
- Technical Report / Handyman statement: For item which require repair or replacement, a technical report or written statement by handyman is required to clarify 2 issues: (i) What part of the item was being damaged; and (ii) why it’s being damaged or what could be the possible cause of it being damaged. A screenshot of WhatsApp conversation between you and Handyman is sufficient while Handyman has to be available for questioning over the phone if required.
When to submit
- Insurance claims can’t proceed if the tenant still in the house.
- Submit your claims report within 2 weeks of the incident. After the 2-week period, requests will not be entertained.
- Get repair quotation from handyman marketplace like kaodim.com and servishero.com
- Get cleaning quotation from cleaning provider like maideasy.my
- Get price quotes from online marketplaces like lazada.com.my or shopee.com.my
- Capture multiple angles of photos to illustrate the damage occurred on the furniture
- Unable to source for the relevant contractor to fix the damage? Reach out to us at [email protected] as we have a list of contractors database for your consideration.
- Kindly take note of the difference between Quotation and Receipt. You have to submit all of the receipts for the purpose of claims disbursement. If quotation was submitted instead of a receipt, Allianz will not able to disburse the claims. Kindly take note of the difference between claims approved and claims disbursement, as you may submit a quotation to obtain the approval amount and proceed to engage contractor the fix the repair then you can submit the repair receipt to Allianz for claims disbursement purpose. In the context of you bought the furniture 10 years ago and you lost the original receipt, you just have to provide the quotation for the replacement unit and submit for approval. Once obtained approval, you can proceed to purchase the replacement unit and provide the receipt of such replacement for disbursement of claims.
- Claims adjustor will be appointed by Allianz if the total claims submission value is more than RM15,000.00 and claim assessments will take up to 60 business days to complete.
|Upon submission of relevant documents, claims can be disbursed within:|
|Loss of rental up to two (2) months||3-7 days|
|Inconvenience benefits/utilities & minor repairs up to RM 1000||3-7 days|
|Accidental damage or theft of household content up to RM15,000||21-30 days|
Approved and partially approved comparison
An exclusion is a policy provision that eliminates coverage for some type of risk. In layman term, the following list will clarify scenarios that this insurance DO NOT cover:
- Wear and Tear. When the household content’s damage is likely due to poor workmanship / poor installation / poor construction material, it’s deemed to be classified as wear and tear which is not claimable (unless there’s likely an act of malicious damage by the tenant). If the aircond was malfunction due to overheating as a result of mineral or dust built up within the compressor, it’s considered wear and tear in the course of usage which is not claimable.
- Pests. Pests issue/vermin condition (caused by fleas, cockroaches, lice, bugs, rats or equivalent) that causing the household content to be unhygienic or unusable due to health concern such as fridge or mattress are not claimable as well
- Claim Submission. The claim was late to be lodged which defined as 30 days from the date of loss. The landlord should always email to SPEEDHOME to inform tenant runaway or tenant surrendered keys so that SPEEDHOME able to manage the claim submission timeline for the landlord.
- Extreme Weather. Damage resulted from changes in extremes of dampness or dryness of atmosphere or temperature, exposure to light is not claimable (unless such loss or damage is caused by storm, frost or fire).
- Mechanical Defect. Damages resulted from mechanical defects / mechanical derangement / mechanical breakdown of electronic equipment are not claimable.
- Change of Door Lock. Cost of changing door lock due to security concern as a result of the tenant did not surrender keys are not claimable.
- Scratch. The scratching or denting of any article or cracking and/or breakage of glass, china, earthenware, marble, gramophone records and/or articles of brittle nature are not claimable (unless caused by burglars, thieves and/or fire.
- Replacement Tenant. Loss of rent is not claimable in the event that there’s a replacement tenant entered into a tenancy agreement with the landlord which commence tenancy prior to the end of 4-weeks period of the loss of rent period.
- Illustration. If the loss of rent is incurred on 1st July, loss of rent is inadmissible upon landlord entered into a new tenancy agreement with replacement tenant to commence tenancy on 28th July. However, loss of rent is admissible only if the commencement date on or after 29th July.
To understand more, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Ready to submit claims? Click the following button to submit: